Senior Sales Representative
BrightSpec is a rapidly growing life science tools company launching a powerful, unique, and proprietary analytical platform. We are seeking an experienced sales representative who will drive the sales efforts of our first-in-class Molecular Rotational Resonance (MRR) platform. This individual must demonstrate a strong track record of capital sales, account management, and developing sales strategies in support of new product launches.
As Senior Sales Representative, you will own all aspects of the sales process, from generating new leads, to driving revenue through both existing and new accounts. Motivated to solve customer problems with new technology, the successful representative will have strong prospecting skills, a technical orientation, and proven success in complex solution sales. You will also play a leading role alongside product and market management, helping develop the sales strategy for new product launches.
Candidates should enjoy working in a fast-paced, mission-driven environment and be prepared to tackle a broad set of challenges as the company grows. This is an excellent opportunity for rapid career advancement in a fast-growing small company.
- The top priority is to develop and close new business and grow the sale pipeline by identifying and validating new prospects in targeted markets.
- Work with marketing and product management to develop a sales strategy for new product launches.
- Meet or exceed the yearly sales quota for the company.
- Provide effective sales calls, presentations, seminars, and meetings.
- Accurately provide forecasting and pipeline development on a monthly basis.
- Develop and submit a monthly plan of action.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of the company’s products and sales literature.
- Utilize and maintain CRM tools (HubSpot).
- Willingness to travel to customer locations.
- Minimum 5 years of capital sales experience, preferably in the analytical tools industry, with demonstrated success.
- BS, MS, or Ph.D. in the life sciences.
- Experience in a variety of markets (pharma, chemical, academic) is a plus.
- Experience with new product launches is a plus.
- Experience with recurring revenue sales is a plus.
- Experience with social media and prospecting tools is a plus.
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Highly organized and able to work both independently and within a team.
- Willingness to take ownership of results.
- Ability to maintain a home office to effectively support sales efforts.
- Ability to travel routinely.
Backed by leading venture capital investors, BrightSpec is an innovative life science tools company offering instruments that harness the power of molecular rotational resonance (MRR) spectroscopy. MRR enables rapid, unambiguous molecular ID and quantitative analysis of mixtures, without separation or chemometrics, and no reference samples are needed. BrightSpec is working with leading pharma, industrial, and academic groups to develop breakthrough methods that will enable important advances in Discovery, Manufacturing, and QAQC. The work is supported by a rising number of publications using BrightSpec instruments. With offices in Charlottesville, VA, and the MetroWest region of Boston, MA. BrightSpec is committed to a diverse workforce and offers competitive benefits. . Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.