Location: Charlottesville, VA
BrightSpec is a rapidly growing life science tools company launching a powerful, unique, and proprietary analytical instrument. We are seeking an experienced Assembly Technician who will support the prototype and production builds of our first-in-class Molecular Rotational Resonance (MRR) instruments.
As an Assembly Technician, you will be providing hands-on support with the electro-mechanical assembly of prototype and production instrument builds. This will include building cable assemblies, wire harnesses, light machining and enclosure subassemblies containing; PCBAs, amplifiers and various electronics.
Candidates should enjoy working in a fast-paced, mission-driven environment and be prepared to tackle a broad set of challenges as the company grows. This is an excellent opportunity for rapid career advancement in a fast-growing small company.
- Building cable assemblies and wire harnesses; stripping & crimping wires, soldering and terminating wire connections to components and terminal blocks
- Electro-mechanical builds of rack-mount enclosures and control panels utilizing hand tools and power tools
- Assembling frames & racks; drilling and tapping holes; utilizing hand tools and power tools
- Read, interpret and update assembly work instructions and Bill of Materials
- High School diploma required, trade school or related electronics degree is preferred
- At least 1 year experience with electro-mechanical assembly using hand tools and power tools
- Experience with instrumentation assembly or similar electronic enclosure builds is a plus
- Experience with cable assembly and wire harness assembly; stripping & crimping and soldering wires. IPC Certification for soldering is a plus
- Capable of interpreting and updating Work Instructions using Microsoft Word
- Capable of interpreting and updating Bill of Materials using Microsoft Excel
- Capable of interpreting schematics and wiring diagrams is a plus
- Experience with CAD tools is a plus
Backed by leading venture capital investors, BrightSpec is an innovative life science tools company offering instruments that harness the power of molecular rotational resonance (MRR) spectroscopy. MRR enables rapid, unambiguous molecular ID and quantitative analysis of mixtures, without separation or chemometrics, and no reference samples are needed. BrightSpec is working with leading pharma, industrial, and academic groups to develop breakthrough analytical methods that will enable important advances in Discovery, Manufacturing, and QAQC. The work is supported by a rising number of publications using BrightSpec instruments. BrightSpec offices are located in Charlottesville, VA, and the MetroWest region of Boston, MA. BrightSpec is committed to a diverse workforce and offers competitive benefits. Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.